The Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway provides a myriad of benefits to industries and companies including
- Abundant natural resources, including coal, oil and gas, minerals, and forests;
- Trained labor force with a strong work ethic;
- Lower energy costs and other similar measures that reduce production costs;
- Full range of competitive transportation services; and
- An enviable quality of life.
Benefits of Shipping On the Tenn-Tom
The economic benefits of using the Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway for the transportation of raw materials, bulk products, and finished products include
- lower costs,
- an expanded market,
- safer and reliable transport of goods,
- energy efficiency,
- and environmental compatibility
Learn more about why companies should use the waterway for transporting goods.
Waterway Industrial Sites
One distinct advantage the Tenn-Tom Waterway corridor has over other regions is the availability of over 40,000 acres of prime waterfront property with affordable development costs and minimal environmental restrictions. Some 40 sites, conveniently located throughout a 54-county, 4-state region, are ready for business. Get detailed information about each of these sites by visiting the Available Property page.